Today is January 28 and I promised that I would give you my goals for the 2008 year. But before that I want to ask a question, “What is the most important aspect of making a goal?” It is that you show up and be accountable for taking action whether it be daily, weekly or monthly. So here I am.
The 2008 Goals below are in random order for a reason. They are simple a brainstorming of my mind of everything I would like to accomplish during this year. Some are loftier than others, but it does not matter. What matters is do they get done, how do they get done, and what plan is in place to allow that to happen.
MY GOALS FOR 2008
1. Redo filing system for the business
2. Update personal files
3. Shred unnecessary health files…kids, parents, us
4. make new website for ROCKING HORSE
5. clean out ever closet in the house: Corey, Sarah, Taylor, ours, laundry, bathrooms, kitchen, shop, living room, dining room, office, den, linen closet, 1/2 basement (WE DON’T HAVE AN ATTIC)
6. organize all the photographs from past years and put them in albums? on cd? or give to kids?
7. recycle all that is being donated: salvation army, veterans, consignment shops
8. sell hot tub
9. paint kitchen, den, back hall
10.select, buy new couches for den
11.choose fabric for club chairs, belonged to parents
12.clean out above the garage
13.clean out tool shed
14.clean out loft above the back-hall
15.replace screens in office
16.cut back trees and bushes from storm damage
17.simplify 2 garden beds
18.plant vegetable garden
19.redo stone wall
20.sort through EVERY drawer in the house, simplify
21.shred outdated house files
22.go through every file in all the file cabinets: shred, simplify, combine
23.give away furniture that no longer suits our needs
24.straighten out all items on the walls in the garage
25.recycle, dispose of all unused paint environmentally
26.clear, sort all and every shelves in the house
THAT SHOULD DO IT FOR NOW…I AM SURE THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN SOMETHING, BUT WILL ADD IT TO TOMORROW’S BLOG. Tomorrow I will show you how to breakdown and priorities.
Tip: When committing to something…goals, project, any task.. write it down in your calendar/blackberry, laptop (whatever you use as a daily planner) Why? because it does the following: 1. Jogs your memory, 2. makes you accountable for taking action and 3. starts the process of moving forward.